2012年5月2日星期三

Tracy raved about the bullpen before the game

The Rockies do nothing without drama. After blowing a 5-3 lead in the top of the ninth, the Rockies beat the Dodgers 8-5 Wednesday afternoon at Coors Field with a louis vuitton sunglasses sale three-run, pinch-hit home run by Jason Giambi in the bottom of the inning. The home run salvaged the day for the Rockies, who nearly squandered a game featuring the best start of rookie left-hander Drew Pomeranz's young career and two home runs by red-hot Carlos Gonzalez. Key moment. The little guys set the table in the bottom of the ninth, with Eric Young Jr. and Marco Scutaro drawing walks and Jonathan Herrera advancing them with a perfect sacrifice bunt down the first-base line. That set the stage for Giambi's walkoff homer off lefty Scott Elbert. It was Giambi's eighth career pinch-hit homer, his fifth as a Rockie. "It's a dream situation with Cargo standing on deck," Giambi said. "This is what keeps you coming back to the park." On the mound. The Rockies got a rare one-two punch from a starter: quantity and quality. Pomeranz masterfully mixed his fastball and curve over 6 2-3 innings. He allowed just one run on four hits and struck out five. Although he walked four, only one walk hurt him, that coming in the second when A.J. Ellis came around to score. "I told myself before the game that I wanted to have an outing where I got deeper into the game," Pomeranz said. "It was a day where I honestly didn't feel like I had my louis vuitton hoodie best stuff, but that's pitching. But I did have a lot of movement on my fastball and I ended up throwing pretty well." Pomeranz threw a career-high 113 pitches, sticking around long enough to lessen the load on Colorado's overworked bullpen. "He was terrific today," manager Jim Tracy said. "He had his curveball and he had it for strikes. His fastball was moving and it was the Drew Pomeranz we saw in spring training." Tracy raved about the bullpen before the game, but it crumbled late in the game. Rex Brothers failed to hold a 2-1 lead in the eighth, giving up a two-run double to Jerry Hairston. In the ninth, closer Rafael Betancourt blew his first save of the season, giving up a two-out, two-run double to Dee Gordon, which tied the game, 5-5. At the plate. When Gonzalez gets hot, he burns everything in his path — including Cy Young Award winners. CarGo's second home run of the day, both off Dodgers lefty Clayton Kershaw, was a two-run shot in the Rockies' three-run eighth inning. On the current homestand, Gonzalez is 11-for-23 (.478) with five homers, 14 RBIs and nine runs scored. "When my hands feel good, I feel like I can hit any pitch," Gonzalez said. "Today, I hit a home run on a fastball and another one on a slider. It doesn't matter what pitch they throw me, when I'm trusting my hands and I swing at balls in the strike zone, I can hit like this." Catcher Wilin Rosario still struggles against big-league breaking pitches, but he cranks on fastballs. He led off the Rockies fifth with a solo homer to dead center on a 2-1 fastball from Kershaw, giving Colorado a 2-1 lead. Dexter Fowler (1-for-4) steered an RBI single through the box in the eighth, scoring Scutaro. What it means. The Dodgers came into town as the 2012 white louis vuitton handbags National League's hottest team with a 16-6 record, but the Rockies took two of three from them. After a day off Thursday, the Rockies host the Braves for three games with a chance to turn what's been a mediocre homestand (3-3) into a solid one.

没有评论:

发表评论