2012年3月30日星期五

This is where Ralph Fiennes will be tossing fire at me

There are times in life when a man burberry ties questions his very existence. That moment happened to Liam Neeson while filming “Wrath of the Titans,” the sequel to his 2010 hit film “Clash of the Titans.” Neeson, who turns 60 on June 7, recalls the moment he wondered what the hell he was doing with his almost six-decades-old self. “As Zeus, my brother Hades covers my body in chains and leaves me for dead in the underworld with what will soon be a sea of molten lava churning all around me to burn me alive,” Neeson muses. Just another day burberry outlet at the office? “I’m from the old school, which is how we did ‘Star Wars,’ ” Neeson says. “When we shot the first ‘Star Wars’ [prequel], we had colored tennis balls to show us later where the effects would be located. I like my tennis balls. I got used to them. On this film, we upgraded and had lots of bits of fancy colored tape. “You have to act to bits of tape, but that’s OK. I’d go around and put a smiley face on the tape and write, ‘This is where Ralph Fiennes will be tossing fire at me. Ralph and the fire can’t be here today.’ Later, I’d tell the crew, ‘Ralph was very good today.’ ” Adds co-star Sam Worthington, who plays Perseus, “It’s that thing that Marlon Brando once said. He said, ‘What a strange occupation for a grown man.’ ” “I just went for it,” Neeson says burberry shoes for men with a twinkle in his eyes before whispering, “They paid me millions.” “Wrath of the Titans” (now in theaters) revolves around Perseus trying to live a normal life for a guy who is half god, half man. He’s peacefully raising his young son when he gets the call that he must brave the treacherous underworld to rescue Zeus, whose brother Hades (Ralph Fiennes) is unleashing the ancient Titans to destroy the world. “I feel these ‘Titans’ movies deal with big themes like destiny, responsibility and family values,” Worthington says. “It’s just as relevant today.” Neeson wouldn’t have done this sequel without a solid script. “We knew there would be 257 explosions. But we always Ray ban sunglasses brought it down to where our emotional journey was in the moment. “I just wanted more interaction with my son and my brother in the film. That’s what the script provided. I wanted the dynamics of how Hades and Zeus became separated and the jealousies that drove them apart. We can all relate.” Worthington wasn’t thrilled with the first “Clash of the Titans.” “I’ve been pretty vocal about how I felt Oakley sunglasses about what I did in the first one,” he says. “I’m not putting the first one down. I didn’t want to be part of this ‘Clash’ ride where there are creatures and things blow up. “I think it’s my responsibility to create a character and not just be a conduit to the action. The characters in this film are basically a dysfunctional family. When it comes to the action scenes, I cheap designer shawls kept thinking, ‘How does this relate to the family?’ ” He also had his concerns over shooting the film in 3-D. “If used correctly, it can draw you into the world,” Worthington says. “If used incorrectly, it can give someone an aneurysm and takes you out of the story.” Ask Worthington if he got hurt running around trying to fight fire monsters and race through several labyrinths, and he smiles. “I got mates who play rugby,” says the Aussie actor. “If I say I got hurt, they will think I’m just some p---- actor. “The truth is you do come away with a lot of bruises from investing yourself in these weird action scenes. One day, a camera literally smashed into my face, but I didn’t worry about any blood. I was just worried that I had to pay for the camera.”Marc Jacobs sunglasses, cheap marc jacobs eyeglasses 2012, 50% sale. Neeson has become the go-to middle-aged action guy since the 2008 hit “Taken” and the recent hit “The Grey.” This summer, he stars in back-to-back big action films “Battleship” and “The Dark Knight Rises,” where he’s Ra’s al Ghul. He just shot “Taken 2,” due out in 2013. Any advice for the younger Worthington, who did incidentally star in the biggest box-office film of all time, “Avatar”? “You just need a huge amount of Lady Luck in life,” Neeson muses. “I do believe that you create your own luck. I got Men louis vuitton shoes 2012 new luxury cheap outlet gray friends in London who haven’t worked in five years. They’re fantastic actors. “Five years! And there I am. When it comes to this career, I’m just lucky.”

没有评论:

发表评论